- ¾ cup (90g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (71g) light brown sugar, packed
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¾ cup (120g) NETZRO + We Are Nuts Maple Bourbon Almonds, chopped
- 6 Tbsp (85g) unsalted butter, cubed & room temperature
- 1 ½ cups (180g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- ¾ cup (149g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (76g) buttermilk*
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
*If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, mix 5 Tbsp (g) whole milk with 1 tsp white vinegar and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Set oven rack in lower third of the oven. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9" x 5" loaf pan with parchment paper.
- First, let’s make the streusel. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, salt, and almonds. Add butter, and using a fork or pastry blender, mix until thoroughly blended and small clumps form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk. Once thoroughly combined, mix in mashed bananas.
- Make a well in the centre of flour mixture and pour in wet mixture. Mix until just combined, making sure to not overmix.
- Spread half of batter into prepared pan, smoothing top with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Sprinkle half of streusel evenly over the batter. Pour in remaining batter on top, again smoothing the top. Sprinkle remaining streusel on top.
- Bake until golden brown, about 1 hour & 15 minutes. Bread is done when a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean with only a few fluffy crumbs attached.
- Allow bread to cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!