- 11 Tbsp (155g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup (132g) granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (180g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (190g) Moretti Fine Yellow Polenta (Fioretto)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- confectioners’ sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy.
- Add lemon juice and zest, then mix until incorporated. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in vanilla. Scrape down bowl as necessary.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, polenta, baking powder, and salt.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to butter mixture, mixing until it’s almost all incorporated. Scrape down bowl. Repeat two more times with rest of flour mixture.
- Cover bowl with a clean tea towel, then chill in fridge for an hour.
- Towards the end of your chilling time, heat oven to 325°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Form dough into balls that are a heaping tablespoon each. (A small cookie scoop is super helpful here.) Place 12 dough balls on each prepared baking sheet, leaving plenty of space between them. Slightly flatten cookies with your hands. Gently press cookies with a fork. NOTE: If it’s rather warm in your kitchen (such as on a hot and humid Atlanta summer day), you may want to pop your cookies into the fridge for 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until edges have set.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust cookies with confectioners’ sugar prior to serving.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!