- 1 2/3 cups (267g) Renewal Mill 1-to-1 Okara Blend Baking Flour
- 2/3 cup (132g) granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup (170g) whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 Tbsp (4oz or 113g) unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- ½ cup (99g) granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 Tbsp (4oz or 113g) unsalted butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease wells of a 12-muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, cardamom, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients and melted butter into dry mixture, then stir until batter is smooth. (It will be thick.)
- Divide batter evenly amongst wells, smoothing tops.
- Bake for 15–18 minutes until centres have risen and feel set when lightly pressed.
- Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and place on wire rack to cool for another 10 minutes while you prepare the topping.
- In a small, heat-proof bowl, melt butter in microwave in 30 second increments.
- In another small bowl, mix sugar, cardamom, and cinnamon until thoroughly combined.
- While muffins are still warm, dunk tops into melted butter, letting excess drip off. Then roll tops in sugar and spice mixture.
- After all muffins have been coated, roll them once more in sugar and spice mixture (but not the butter).
NOTE: If you have any leftover spiced sugar, we recommend holding onto it to sprinkle atop apple slices—yum!
- Eat muffins warm or store them in an airtight container.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!