- 2 cups (240g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (66g) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 9-oz jar (1 cup) Chef Gerrie’s Caribbean Roasted Yellow Pepper Slather
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup (27g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup (57g) cashews, chopped
- optional: chia gel (Mix 2 Tbsp Bob’s Red Mill organic chia seeds with 4 Tbsp water. Let sit for 10 minutes.)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until thoroughly combined. Mix in Caribbean Slather, salt, and (optional) chia gel.
- Add 1/3 of the dry mixture to butter mixture at a time, mixing until it’s almost all incorporated, being careful to not overmix. Scrape down bowl as necessary after each addition.
- Fold in shredded coconut and chopped cashews. Spread batter into pan, smoothing top with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 55–60 minutes. Bread is done when a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean with only a few fluffy crumbs attached.
- Allow bread to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!