- ½ cup (85g) bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter
- 14 Tbsp (173g) granulated sugar
- 1 pouch of Kuju Basecamp Blend Coffee*
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup (80g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
Stabilized Whipped Cream:
- 1 ½ Tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup (227g) heavy cream, divided
*This equates to about 8 teaspoons or 15 grams of ground coffee.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and line an 8" x 8" metal baking pan with parchment paper.
- Set a large heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water, making sure that the bowl doesn’t touch the water’s surface. In this bowl, melt chocolate and butter together until mostly melted. Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Whisk in sugar and ground coffee until thoroughly combined. One at a time, whisk in eggs. Then stir in vanilla.
- Add flour and salt, mixing just until combined.
- Spread batter into pan, smoothing top with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 22–27 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Once brownies are totally cool, it’s frosting time! In a small saucepan, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and cornstarch. Place pan on medium to medium-high heat and gradually whisk in ¼ cup (57g) of cream. Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil in order to activate the cornstarch. Simmer only a few seconds just until mixture thickens.
- Pour mixture into a small bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
- While mixture is cooling, place metal mixing bowl and whisk attachment in freezer for 15 minutes.
- In the chilly bowl of a stand mixer fitted with cold whisk attachment, whip remaining ¾ cup (170g) cream until soft peaks begin to form. Add cornstarch mixture a tablespoon or so at a time, whipping constantly. After all of the cornstarch mixture has been added, whip until stiff peaks form.
- Remove brownies from pan by pulling up on the parchment paper. Pipe or spread stabilized whipped cream on brownies however you like.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!