- 2 2/3 cups (263g) old-fashioned oats
- 3 ½ Tbsp (25g) almonds, chopped
- 3 ½ Tbsp (25g) cashews, chopped
- 3 ½ Tbsp (25g) pistachios, chopped
- ¼ cup (38g) Verdant Kitchen Crystallized Ginger, chopped
- ¼ cup (38g) Chukar Montmorency Tart Cherries
- ¼ cup (38g) dried currants
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¾ cup + 1 ½ Tbsp (190g) unsalted butter
- ¾ cup + 2 Tbsp (187g) light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp (63g) Honey Next Door Pure Raw Atlanta Honey
- 1 tsp kosher salt
NOTE: You can use any blend of mix-ins (nuts, dried fruit, candied ginger, etc.) that you like. Just keep the total amount roughly the same and make sure to chop any nuts and large fruit. Feel free to experiment with the spices as well!
- Heat oven to 300°F. Grease and line an 8" x 8" metal baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pulse oats in food processor 5–10 times to break the oats into smaller pieces. (Be careful not to pulse too much, otherwise you’ll end up with oat flour!) Pour oats into a large bowl.
- If your nuts are still whole, blitz almonds, cashews, and pistachios in food processor to chop into small- and medium-sized pieces. Add to bowl with oats.
- Blitz crystallized ginger in food processor. Add to bowl with oats, along with cherries, currants, cinnamon, and ground ginger. Mix well, then set aside.
- In a medium pot over low heat, add butter, brown sugar, honey, and salt. As butter melts, stir occasionally.
- Once butter has melted, remove from heat and add oat mixture to pot; thoroughly stir together.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan. Gently press into an even layer.
- Bake for 45–55 minutes (less time for chewier flapjacks; more time for crunchier flapjacks). Edges and top will brown slightly.
NOTE: The flapjacks set more while cooling, so don’t fret if the middle is still a little jiggly when you remove the pan from the oven.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and allow to cool completely before cutting.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!