- 1 ½ cups + 2 Tbsp (195g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¾ tsp sugar
- ½ cup (100g) mild olive oil
- 2 Tbsp whole milk
- 1 9-oz jar (1 cup) TBJ Gourmet Spiced Tomato Jam
- 8 ounces (226g) goat cheese
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, and sugar. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and milk.
- Make a well in the centre of flour mixture and pour in the olive oil mixture. Using a fork, mix gently until mixture is damp, being careful not to overwork it.
- Transfer dough to tart pan. Use your hands to line 9" tart pan by pressing dough onto bottom and up sides of pan.
NOTE: If you want to make sure that your form is correct, check out Food52’s helpful video about olive oil tart crusts.
- Heat the oven to 350°F with rack in the lower-middle position. While oven is heating up, chill crust in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Line crust with aluminum foil, making sure to press foil into fluted edges of the dough. Then fill with pie weights or one pound of dry beans.
- Bake 15–20 minutes or until lined crust is dry.
NOTE: You can check to see if the crust is dry by pulling up a corner of the aluminum foil. If the foil sticks, the crust isn’t dry enough. Simply return it to the oven, checking again every couple of minutes.
- Carefully remove your pie weights or beans. Return crust to oven and bake for 5–10 minutes more.
- Remove crust from oven and place on wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread tomato jam across crust. Add goat cheese on top.
NOTE: You have a few style options for adding the goat cheese: a) rustic blobs like you see above; b) thin, layered slices; or c) warm up goat cheese a little and pipe it on top of jam.
- With oven mitts on, move oven rack to middle position. Place tart in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until jam has firmed up some and cheese is starting to brown.
- If your tart pan is broiler-safe, broil your tart for a minute or two to make it extra delicious. (We broiled ours for 1 ½ minutes at 495°F in our Le Creuset stoneware tart pan.)
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!