- 4 bananas, divided
- 1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 8 ounces (226g) cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup (99g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (80g) Kween Original Granola Butter
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup (85g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8" x 8" metal baking pan, then line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mash 3 bananas with a fork. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium-high until fluffy and smooth. Add granola butter and mix until incorporated. Beat in mashed bananas, egg, and salt.
- Add flour mixture, and with mixer speed on low, mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into pan, smoothing top with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon. Slice remaining ‘nanner lengthwise and place in batter cut-sides up. Toss a few more chocolate chips on top of batter, if you’re in the mood (which we always are).
- Bake 45–50 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer baking pan to wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Remove from pan by pulling up on the parchment paper. Cut into 16 squares.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!