- ¼ cup (57g) whole milk
- 2 tea bags of Yogi Tea Echinacea Immune Support Tea
- 2 ½ cups (300g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (99g) granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest (zest of 2 lemons)
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 1 cup (227g) sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- Heat milk in microwave until hot, 15–30 seconds. Steep tea in milk for 10 minutes, then pull out tea bags, squeezing to remove all of the milk. Allow to cool slightly.
- While the tea is steeping, heat oven to 425°F. Grease wells of a 12-muffin tin or line with baking cups; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, chia seeds, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest.
- Melt butter in microwave in 30-second increments; let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, sour cream, eggs, and lemon juice until well combined.
- In the centre of dry mixture, make a well, then pour in wet ingredients and melted butter. Mix until just combined. (Batter will be thick.)
- Divide batter evenly amongst wells.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F, then turn oven temperature down to 350°F. Bake for an additional 14–16 minutes. Muffins are done when a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean with only a few fluffy crumbs attached.
- Allow muffins to cool for a few minutes, then remove from pan and serve warm or place on wire rack to cool completely.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!