- 1 ½ cups (180g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups (111g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, cold & cubed
- ½ cup (156g) maple syrup
- 1/3 cup (76g) heavy cream, cold
- 1 large egg, cold
- ½ cup (80g) NETZRO + We Are Nuts Maple Bourbon Almonds, chopped
- ½ cup (75g) raisins
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Put this bowl in fridge.
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, heavy cream, and egg.
- Pull flour mixture bowl out of fridge and make a well in the centre. Pour in the liquid mixture and stir just until moistened. Gently fold in chopped almonds and raisins.
NOTE: This dough is wetter than a typical scone dough, in case you were wondering at this point!
- Using a large scoop (such as a 2-ounce #16 disher), drop rounded blobs of dough onto prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle tops with turbinado, sparkling, or maple sugar if you like.
- Place baking sheet in fridge for 30 minutes.
- While scones are chillin’, heat oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until scones are lightly browned on top and golden around the edges.
- Enjoy scones warm or transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!