- 15 Oreos, crushed
- 3 Tbsp (42g) unsalted butter, melted
- pinch of salt
Pistachio Cheesecake Filling:
- 12 ounces (341g) full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup (149g) granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 11 Tbsp (154g) Karmalize.Me Pistachio Butter
- ¾ cup (170g) sour cream, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
Ganache & Decoration:
- ½ cup (85g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup (76g) heavy cream
- chopped pistachios
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-well muffin pan; set aside.
- Put Oreos in food processor and blitz until they’re fine crumbs. Drizzle melted butter and sprinkle salt onto crumbs and pulse to combine. Press a heaping tablespoon of crust mixture into the bottom of each well.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- While crusts are cooling, make the filling. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add vanilla, mixing until well incorporated.
- Add pistachio butter, beating until very smooth, scraping down bowl as necessary. Beat in sour cream.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing just until incorporated.
- Once crusts are totally cool, evenly distribute cheesecake filling into wells. (We found a cookie scoop to be helpful here.)
- Bake for 15–17 minutes.
NOTE: To check whether or not your cheesecakes are set, without removing the pan from the oven, give it a gentle jiggle. If the cheesecakes are firm at the edges and still wobble a little in the centre, they’re done. If they ripple when shaken or look watery, bake for a couple minutes more.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and allow cheesecake to cool to room temperature. Then place pan in fridge to set completely, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- After the cheesecake are absolutely cool, it’s ganache time! Pour cream into heatproof bowl and microwave on high until simmering—roughly 30 seconds. Remove bowl from microwave and add chocolate, making sure it’s completely submerged in the cream. Set aside for 2 minutes, then gently whisk until the chocolate is melted and completely combined with the cream.
- Allow ganache to cool slightly. It should be smooth and thick, yet still pourable.
- Retrieve mini cheesecakes from fridge. Place a piece of wax paper under a wire rack, then remove cheesecakes from pan and place on rack.
NOTE: If these lil buggers are being stubborn about coming out of the tin, gently warm the bottom of each well with a hairdryer.
- Spread, drizzle, or pour ganache over cheesecakes. Sprinkle chopped pistachios on top.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until ganache is set.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!