- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (71g) light brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups (150g) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup (170g) semisweet chocolate chips
- 20 (give or take) Double Stuf Oreos
- Renewal Mill Upcycled Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 6 Tbsp (85g) unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup (170g) hot water
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and line an 8" x 8" metal baking pan with parchment paper.
- Let’s start with the cookie layer! In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to butter mixture, mixing until it’s almost all incorporated. Scrape down bowl. Repeat two more times with rest of flour mixture.
- Mix in chocolate chips, then spread cookie dough evenly across the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Arrange Double Stuf Oreos in a single layer on top of the cookie dough. As needed, break Oreos into smaller pieces to fill in any gaps. (More Oreo coverage = more deliciousness!)
- In a large bowl, pour entire bag of Renewal Mill Upcycled Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix. Add melted butter and hot water, stirring until thoroughly combined, then mix for an additional minute.
- Spread brownie batter over Oreos, smoothing top with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 45–50 minutes.
- Place pan on wire rack and allow to cool completely before cutting.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!