- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (149g) granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (160g) dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 egg
- 2 ¼ cups (270g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup (27g) unsweetened shredded coconut, lightly toasted
- ½ cup (71g) peanuts
- ½ cup (45g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup (85g) Valrhona Passion Fruit Inspiration, chopped
- ¼ cup (43g) Valrhona Passion Fruit Inspiration, chopped
- 2 tsp heavy cream, warmed
- ¼ cup (65g) almond paste, warmed*
*Many grocery stores carry almond paste, but if you can’t find it locally (or want a cheaper alternative), you can easily make your own almond paste with just a few common ingredients.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add half of the flour mixture to butter mixture, mixing until it’s almost all incorporated. Scrape down bowl. Repeat once more with rest of flour mixture.
- Stir in toasted coconut, peanuts, and oats. Then mix in chopped Valrhona Passion Fruit Inspiration.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax paper.
- Form dough into balls that are about 2 tablespoons each. (A medium cookie scoop is super helpful here.) You should end up with around 30 dough balls.
- Place dough balls on prepared baking sheet, then place in fridge while you make the filling.
- In a heatproof bowl, melt Valrhona Passion Fruit Inspiration in microwave in 20-second increments until it’s mostly melted. Add cream, whisking to combine and melt the rest of the Passion Fruit Inspiration.
- Once your passion fruit ganache is nice and shiny, gradually mix almond paste into ganache. Whisk mixture really well to fully combine the ingredients.
- Lightly spray a mini muffin pan with baking spray. Put a heaping teaspoon of filling into 15 of the mini muffin wells. Tap pan on counter to level out filling. Place pan in freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove dough balls from fridge and filling from freezer. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
- To assemble a cookie, take 2 dough balls and flatten ‘em into thin patties a smidge wider than the width of the mini muffin wells. Place one blob of filling in the middle of one dough patty, then cover with other dough patty. Pinch edges to seal, then gently shape into a thicc patty that is hockey-puck-esque.
NOTE: If your kitchen is particularly warm or if your dough is particularly soft, you may want to keep the dough in the fridge for even longer before forming your cookies.
- Repeat with rest of dough and filling, placing 5 cookies on each baking sheet. Make sure to give ‘em plenty of space because these big boys will spread some.
- Place baking sheets in fridge for at least an hour, preferably 1.5+ hours.
- As you get towards the end of your chill time, heat oven to 375°F.
- Take one baking sheet out of fridge. Bake 12–14 minutes or until cookies have set and edges are slightly golden.
- Optional, but delicious: Immediately after pulling baking sheet out of oven, gently press additional Valrhona Passion Fruit Inspiration fèves onto top of hot cookies.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Bake the rest of your cookies and enjoy!
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!