Peanut Butter Cookie Dough:
- 1 ½ cups (180g) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup (270g) Big Spoon Roasters Peanut Butter with Wildflower Honey & Sea Salt
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup (160g) light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup (99g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups (668g) fresh strawberries, hulled & chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp (28g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp tapioca starch
- ¼ cup (36g) roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped small
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat peanut butter, butter, and sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to butter mixture, mixing until it’s almost all incorporated. Scrape down bowl. Repeat two more times with rest of flour mixture.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate dough while you prepare the strawberry jam.
- Hull and chop strawberries, then place in medium bowl. Add lemon juice. Sprinkle with sugar, ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Gently mix. Cover and leave at room temperature to macerate for at least 15 minutes.
- While oven is off, position rack in the top third of oven. Then heat oven to 375°F.
- After berries have macerated for at least 15 minutes and they’ve released some juices, add melted butter and tapioca starch. Mix to combine.
- Spoon strawberry jam into baking dish. (We used a rectangular 2.75 quart / 2.6 litre baking dish, but you could also use an 8" x 8" or 9" x 9" pan.)
- Bake for 15–18 minutes until strawberries have broken down some and released more juice. Remove from oven and stir.
- Cobbler Assembly & Bake:
- Take cookie dough out of fridge. Crumble on top of parcooked strawberries until the entire surface is covered. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
NOTE: You will most likely only need half of the cookie dough. Simply freeze or refrigerate remaining dough for bonus cookies later! (When it’s cookie time, roll into balls; create criss-cross pattern with fork. Bake on parchment-lined baking sheet at 350°F for 10–12 minutes.)
- Bake cobbler for 14–16 minutes until cookie dough crumbles are set and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool for 15 minutes before serving. For an optimal cobbler experience, serve warm with ice cream.
- Store leftovers (as-if!) in refrigerator.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!