- 6 ½ oz chocolate wafers*
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar*
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 12-oz jar (1 1/3 cups) Georgia Grinders Creamy Peanut Butter
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 oz confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate
*Our local Whole Foods didn’t have chocolate wafers, so we had to get a little crafty. We used 6 ½ oz of Back to Nature Classic Creme Cookies (basically, Oreos) with 95% of the creme scraped off. (This was almost an entire 12-oz box.) Since we left a bit of creme, we didn’t add any sugar to the crust.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Put cookies and granulated sugar in food processor. Pulse until cookies are fine crumbs. Drizzle 6 Tbsp melted butter onto crumb mixture. Pulse to combine. Press crust mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch metal pie pan.
- Bake crust for 10–12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- After the crust has cooled, make the filling. Combine peanut butter and 4 Tbsp butter in food processor. Process for one minute. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla, then process until smooth—roughly 2 minutes. Carefully spread filling mixture on top of crust.
- Bake tart for 10–12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool while preparing the ganache.
- Pour cream into heatproof bowl and microwave on high until simmering—roughly 30 seconds. Remove bowl from microwave and add chocolate, making sure it’s completely submerged in the cream. Set aside for 2 minutes, then gently whisk until the chocolate is melted and completely combined with the cream (2–3 minutes).
- Spread ganache over tart. Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 ½ hours before serving. Chilling the tart overnight is a-okay, too.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or use #fikabrödbox!