- 2 cups (240g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (66g) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg, freshly ground
- ½ tsp Burlap & Barrel Royal Cinnamon
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup (170g) unsalted butter, cold
- ½ cup (60g) fresh cranberries, chopped*
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup (114g) pure canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup (57g) buttermilk**
Honey Cream Drizzle:
- 1/4 cup (80g) Bumbleberry Farms Pumpkin Spice Honey Cream Spread, melted
*You can also use frozen cranberries; just thaw ‘em first.
**If you don’t have buttermilk, mix 3 Tbsp + 2 tsp (52g) whole milk with 1 tsp white vinegar and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, cloves, and baking soda.
- Using a grater with large holes, grate butter into flour mixture, tossing to coat every so often. Add cranberries, tossing gently to coat as well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, pumpkin, and buttermilk.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture, mixing just until combined. (Ditch the spatula and get in there and mix with your hands, if necessary to properly form the dough. Just work quickly so that you don’t warm up the cold butter with your hand heat!)
- Tip your dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Pat dough into a 6–7" circle that is about 1 ½" thick. Using a bench scraper or sharp knife, cut dough into 8 equal wedges. Carefully transfer wedges to prepared baking sheet.
- Chill scones in fridge for 30 minutes. While your scones are chillin’, heat oven to 400°F.
- Before you pop the scones into the oven, lightly brush them with buttermilk.
- Bake 20–25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow scones to cool completely, then drizzle melted pumpkin spice honey cream spread on top.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!