- ¾ cup (90g) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup (198g) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup (151g) Libby’s® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ¼ cup (28g) confectioners’ sugar
- 8 ounces (226g) full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (114g) powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 Tbsp (45g) JEM Organics Coffee Cashew Almond Butter
- pinch of kosher salt
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease a jelly roll pan and line it with parchment paper. (Our jelly roll pan is 14.75" x 10" x 1".)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat granulated sugar, eggs, and salt on medium speed until thick. Add pumpkin and mix until incorporated.
- Add flour mixture, and with mixer speed on low, mix until just combined.
- Spread batter into prepared pan, smoothing top with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 13–15 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back when gently touched.
- While cake bakes, place a large piece of parchment paper on your work surface. Sprinkle paper with ¼ cup (28g) confectioners’ sugar.
- Once cake comes out of oven, immediately turn cake out onto sugared parchment.
NOTE: This may seem intimidating, especially since we’re so used to letting cakes cool some in their pans. But, no fear! Be brave!
- Brush parchment on which cake was baked with some cold water to help loosen it some. Carefully remove parchment from cake.
- Starting with the narrow end, gently roll up the warm cake with the sugared parchment. Place on wire rack seam side down and allow cake to cool completely whilst rolled up.
- Once your cake is cool, in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat together all filling ingredients until smooth.
- Slowly and carefully unroll your cake. Spread filling over cake with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon, leaving a half inch border around cake.
- Gently roll your cake back up (without the parchment inside), making sure to keep it even and somewhat tight. Wrap cake in parchment and let rest (seam side down) in fridge for at least one hour. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving, if you like.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!