- 1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (99g) rolled oats
- 2/3 cup (142g) light brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp (85g) unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 7 oz (200g or 2 bars) Nói Síríus 56% Bittersweet Chocolate, chopped small
- 1 7.5-oz jar (2/3 cup) Postre Caramels Sea Salt Caramel Sauce
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line an 8" x 8" metal baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Melt butter in microwave in 30 second increments; let cool slightly. Pour melted butter into bowl of dry ingredients. Mix with a spatula until butter is throughout. (Ditch the spatula and get in there and mix with your hands, if necessary to fully incorporate the butter.)
- Press roughly ¾ of the dough (about 315g) into prepared pans. Reserve remaining ¼ for topping.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- While crust is baking, chop up chocolate.
- Pull crust out of oven; evenly sprinkle chopped chocolate over baked crust. Ogle at the chocolate melting, then pull yourself together.
- Pour entire jar of caramel sauce evenly over chocolate. (We found it easiest to gently plop blobs of caramel sauce on the chocolate with a spoon. Just make sure that your blobs are evenly spaced.)
- Sprinkle remaining dough over the caramel sauce.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes or until golden brown. The centre will be rather jiggly when the bars come out of the oven.
- Let cool for several hours before cutting. (We recommend letting them sit overnight, as we found these bars to be even yummier the next day!)
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!