- 1 ¼ cups (150g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (50g) brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp (70g) unsalted butter, cold & cubed
- 1 egg
- zest 1 orange
- 32 ounces (908g) whole milk ricotta*
- ¾ cup (85g) confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 6 Tbsp (45g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- pinch of salt
- 6 Tbsp (130g) Marchesi di San Giuliano Organic Sicilian Orange Marmalade
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted
*We used Murray’s ricotta, and we did not need to strain it. However, if your ricotta is on the wetter side, you may need to strain it before making the filling. (See these articles on how to strain ricotta and cheesecloth alternatives.)
- In your mixer bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, and salt.
- Connect paddle attachment. Add butter, then mix together on low. When the mixture starts to look like coarse breadcrumbs, add egg and orange zest, mixing to combine.
- Chill dough in fridge for 30 or so minutes.
- Heat oven to 325°F. Wrap a 9" springform pan tightly with a couple layers of aluminum foil. Grease and sugar inside of pan; set aside.
- Use your hands to line pan with crust by pressing dough onto bottom and up the sides. Put pan in fridge to chill while you make the filling.
- Put all filling ingredients into the bowl of food processor, blitzing until well blended and smooth.
- Retrieve crust from fridge. Pour filling into crust, smoothing it with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 60–70 minutes. Cheesecake is ready when the centre is set, plus the edges are golden and come away from the pan a little bit.
- Transfer pan to wire rack to cool to room temperature. Cover pan, then chill cheesecake in fridge overnight.
- Right before you are going to serve the cheesecake, mix orange marmalade and hot water. Place cheesecake on cake stand or serving platter, then spread marmalade mixture on top. Sprinkle cheesecake with toasted pine nuts and serve immediately.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!