- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup + 1 Tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, lightly toasted
- ½ cup white chocolate, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill organic chia seeds
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Heat skillet on medium heat, then add coconut. Stir frequently until coconut starts to turn light golden brown. Pour toasted coconut into a bowl; set aside to cool completely.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter on medium-high until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add confectioners’ sugar and mix well.
- In medium bowl, sift together flour, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to butter/sugar, mixing until it’s almost all incorporated. Scrape down bowl. Repeat two more times with rest of flour mixture.
- Add vanilla, toasted coconut, white chocolate, and chia seeds. Mix until combined.
- Form dough into balls that are about 1 tablespoon each. (A small cookie scoop is super helpful here.) Place on baking sheet, leaving 1" between each dough ball.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes or until cookies have set and edges are slightly golden.
- Cool cookies on wire rack for 5 minutes. While cookies are still warm, roll in bowl filled with 2 cups confectioners’ sugar.
- Allow cookies to cool completely, then roll in confectioners’ sugar again.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!