- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (85g) confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 Tbsp Portland Bitters Project Woodland Bitters
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups (240g) all-purpose flour, sifted
- green gel food colouring, optional
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy.
- Mix in bitters, zest, and salt. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add 1/3 of the flour to butter mixture at a time, mixing until it’s almost all incorporated, being careful to not overmix. Scrape down bowl as necessary after each addition.
- Tip dough out onto work surface, add a few drops of gel food colouring, and gently knead dye into dough.
- Roll dough into a log that is roughly 2" in diameter and 10" long. Wrap dough log in wax paper, twisting off the ends. Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Once your dough has chilled and rested, heat oven to 300°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap dough log. With a serrated knife, slice dough into ¼-inch thick coins.
- Place on baking sheet, leaving 1–2" between each slice. Place baking sheet in fridge for 5–10 minutes.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes or until edges just beginning to brown.
- Cool on baking sheet for a few minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!